On August 20th, 2014, some of the leading thinkers in foster care gathered in Oklahoma City to share ideas and experiences that are making a difference throughout the country. The presentations and discussions from this important were captured on video to be utilized as resources designed to equip a team of passionate people in any church to be wise and thoughtful foster care advocates. As a child in and out of the foster care system, T was, between the ages of 10 and 17, ensnared in the world of commercial sexual exploitation and trafficked in the U.S. She transcended this tragic experience to become a leader at Human Rights Project for Girls, an organization dedicated to ending child sex trafficking in the United States, and has drawn on her personal experience to speak truth to power and expose the scourge of domestic child sex trafficking and end the buying and selling of girls in the United States. She was honored by TIME Magazine as one of “30 People Under 30 Changing the World” and the 2014 TIME 100 list of the most influential people in the world.
- Hidden America: Chilling New Look at Sex Trafficking in the U.S. (2015)
- Selling Boys: The other sex trafficking victims
- Can You See Me
- A novel solution to sex trafficking: Sandy Skelaney at TEDxMiami 2013
- TEDx: I was human trafficked for 10 years / Barbara Amaya
- TEDx on Sex Trafficking / Linda Smith
- NFCI Symposium: T. Ortiz Walker Pettigrew – Foster Care & Human Trafficking.
- The Hidden Reality of Labor Trafficking in America.